Message from ASMSU President Regarding Presidential Search Committee

//Message from ASMSU President Regarding Presidential Search Committee

August 22, 2018

Fellow Spartans,

I am privileged to have been selected by members of the Board to serve on the presidential search committee. I am pleased to learn that they sought out student leaders to be directly involved in the selection process, and recognize the importance of an elevated student voice for a healthier university community. I am looking forward to working with a diverse group of committee members from different university positions, walks of life, and perspectives.

It is important to note that university members will have the opportunity to share what they are looking for in our new president through the presidential search committee input sessions. From these sessions, the Board and members of the search committee will be able to identify the traits we should be looking for in our next president. More important than the job description is the type of person that will be stepping into this role, we need to be sensitive to our past and committed to a better future.

When elected by my peers to serve as student body president of the Associated Students of Michigan State University, I expected the search for a new university president to be one of the highest priorities. Within the past three years at Michigan State University, I served in a variety of roles representing student interests at the local, state, and federal level. I want to reassure my peers that I am not new at conveying student concerns to administrators and working in formal committees with other students, faculty, and staff.

I take the responsibility of representing nearly 40,000 undergraduate students with the utmost regard. I will carry this passion, determination, and integrity into the search process for our next university president.

Cookie_Signature

Katherine Rifiotis
ASMSU President
info@asmsu.msu.edu | 517-884-8077

By | 2018-08-22T12:26:05+00:00 August 22nd, 2018|Press Release|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment