Use of Safe Ride is limited to Michigan State University students only with two guests. For liability reasons, Safe Ride is unable to transport young children. If you have parties larger than three, please consider using an alternative transportation option.
Wait times vary based on request volume, weather conditions, traffic, etc. The TransLoc app will give you updated wait times on the application, so you will know when your ride will arrive.
Please wait for your ride in a safe and well lit location. As your ride arrives, please wait in an open location that makes it easy for the driver to find you.
If you are unable to make your ride please immediately call and cancel or reschedule your ride. This allows us to pick up other students that need rides.
The Safe Ride vehicle will be marked with the ASMSU Safe Ride Logo and a lit sign on top of the car.
No, Safe Ride is a non judgemental service focused on helping students get home. Our Safe Ride drivers are trained to be prepared for anything. Please make sure that you remain respectful throughout your ride and relay to the Safe Ride driver if you need anything.
Try these steps in order:
- Delete and re-download the TransLoc application
- Delete your web browser’s cache
- If neither of these options solves the issue you can come to the Engagement Office (Room 307 Student Services Building) during the hours of 9am and 4pm for assistance.
– Requesting a ride to a commercial location
– Asking for more than one ride a night
– Requesting a ride for yourself and more than 2 guests
– Excessively high wait time