More than just your average student government, ASMSU strives to improve the quality of life for all MSU students by offering many valuable services. See below for a comprehensive list of the services we provide to all tax-paying members of ASMSU:
- Test Prep - ASMSU has agreements and negotiated discounts and rates for MSU students on major professional and graduate school preparation courses including: LSAT, GRE, MCAT, GMAT, PCAT, OAT, TOEFL and more. Watch your MSU email for more information at the beginning of each semester on how to sign up for the ASMSU discounted rate.
- Free Newspapers - Ever notice those green newspaper bins across campus? Those are part of the ASMSU Readership Program, which provides free newspapers including the New York Times, USA Today, Detroit Free Press, and Financial Times to all undergraduate students.
- Printing/Copies/Faxes - All tax-paying students are eligible to receive free prints (up to 25 pages per semester), copies, and fax services, available in the ASMSU Business Office located in 307 Student Services Building.
- Events - ASMSU organizes concerts, speaker series, student tailgates as well as providing more than $500,000 dollars annually to Registered Student Organizations and CORES/COPS groups for campus wide events. Be sure to watch our Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest ASMSU events.
- Employment - ASMSU offers MSU students with paid part-time employment opportunities in a wide variety of fields, ranging from Marketing and Graphic Design, to IT and Accounting. Be sure to check myspartancareer.com and our LinkedIN page for our latest job openings with ASMSU! We hire annually an entirely new staff every Spring Semester. Inquire anytime for information the Director of HR at email@example.com.
- Funding - RSO's may receive up to $4,500 in funding for events and projects through ASMSU's Funding Board. Check out the FB page on our website, and contact the VP for Student Funding at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- iClicker Rental Program - Each semester, ASMSU rents out over 500 iClickers for tax-paying MSU students, completely free, no deposit required. Go to the ASMSU Business Office (307 Student Services) to check out an iClicker (first generation or iClicker 2). At the end of the semester, simply return it. Please call ahead to ensure stock is still available, they go fast!
- Student Legal Services - For over 30 years, ASMSU has provided MSU students with completely free legal consultation. Our lawyers can give advice, and represent you in court. Student Legal Services is by appointment only. To inquire, call 517-353-3716, M-F 8:00am-12:00 & 1:00-5:00pm.
- Student Defenders - ASMSU's Student Defenders will advise and defend you for any case in the University Judicial System, where a licensed lawyer is not allowed. This is a team of trained students who represent other students in cases such as alcohol in the dorms citations, academic dishonesty claims, and many more. Email the Director of Student Defenders at email@example.com to inquire further.
- Loans - $300 interest free loans. Come to the ASMSU Business Office (307 Student Services) for a completely, no questions asked, interest-free loan up to $300 per semester. First six weeks of each semester, out the door. Please bring two forms of ID!
- Representation - General Assembly members represents the interests of all undergraduate students to university, city, state, and federal officials.
- Yearbooks - ASMSU sponsors and produces Michigan State's annual yearbook, The Red Cedar Log. This is a completely student produced publication and is available to pick up in locations across campus for free. Call 517-355-8266 to reserve yourself a copy, or inquire about historical editions.